- IFA Paris is a certified FEDE Institution
- Duration: 7 weeks (254h)
- Language: English
- Campuses: Paris, Istanbul, Online
- Next intakes: July 2023, Oct. 2023
- Application fee: €50
- Tuition fee:
The Fashion Luxury Business short course provides the basic skills to become a fashion entrepreneur: from the drafting of the main idea to the commercialization and promotion of a concept. A course for anyone interested in the business of fashion and Luxury.
The Fashion Luxury Business short course is a complete and comprehensive 254 hour program regrouping 4 themes: Fashion, Fashion Marketing, Visual Merchandising and Computer Graphics. Upon completion of this course, students will gain the essential skills necessary to run a personal project in fashion or luxury retail. The modules taught are structured around each step composing the development of a business plan, from research to commercialization.
This short course has been constructed on a unique modular planning in order to allow participants to customize their learning experience by electing 2 options:
- Modular Learning: Students have the possibility to choose between 4 modules with themes focusing on Foundation of Fashion, Fashion Marketing, Visual Merchandising and Computer Graphics
- Comprehensive Course Learning: Students have the possibility to combine the 4 modules within one comprehensive course titled “Fashion Luxury Business”
The online program takes place live and in real-time (Paris or Istanbul local time) and you will interact with the lecturer and other students through our online platform. However, if you cannot attend or miss a live class, every session is also recorded and saved, so you can go back and watch it at a later suitable time for you.
FOUNDATION OF FASHION MODULE – 62 hours
- Course 1: Figure Drawing / Illustration
Learn how to draw a woman figure from the basic skills to the creation and personalization of your own figure
- Course 2: Color and Visits
Learn all about colors, how to create the right color palette and to develop a collection with a successful color balance.
- Course 3: Introduction to Styling
Learn the basic principles of fashion styling
FASHION MARKETING MODULE – 104 hours
- Course 1: Fashion Intelligence – 32 hours
This course provides a panorama of the fashion industry, an understanding of consumer’s behavior and processes of data collection.
- Course 2: Branding Identity – 21 hours
Learn how to develop a visual identity and setup a brand’s strategy..
- Course 3: Collection Development – 16 hours
Discover the basic principles of sustainable fashion, sourcing and supply chain, product development and cost analysis.
- Course 4: Integrated Marketing Communication – 21 hours
This course encompasses a review of the marketing mix elements from a communication perspective, stating that every aspect of your brand and company always sends a message to your costumers (it includes Communication, Distribution Strategies and Digital Communication).
- Course 5: Sustainable Luxury – 16 Hours
This course explores the key principles of brand sustainable development. An analytical overview of each level of the supply chain shall be covered through the integration of contemporary and practical case studies.
VISUAL MERCHANDISING MODULE – 48 hours
- Course 1: Visual Merchandising Principles – 16 hours
This course provides the basic visual merchandising principles and concepts in order to lay the foundation for the following, more advanced courses.
- Course 2: Fashion Merchandising – 16 hours
Identify, understand, evaluate all categories of collections and products offered by different types of fashion retailers, from fast fashion to luxury fashion houses.
- Course 3: Visual Merchandising Workshop – 16 hours
Final training encompassing all the skills learned during previous courses.
COMPUTER GRAPHICS MODULE – 40 hours
- Using the Adobe suite, create visual content in line with a brand identity and marketing strategy and implement the promotion of a fashion or luxury brand. Steps in this highly practical approach include learning how to import and move images, use layers and brushes, and add colors.
- Recommended level of English is IELTS 5.5 (to fully understand and follow the course). The IELTS certificate is not required, but we just want to be certain that you will be able to comprehend the course.
- min. 16 years old (Paris, Istanbul) and 13 years old (Online)
- Interest in business & luxury side of fashion
Documents to provide (in English or translated to English by a certified translator):
- Fill in the online application form
- Copy of passport
- Passport photo
Paris & Istanbul:
Tuition fee: €4,000
Tuition fee: €1,800
Early bird discount (10%) for tuition fee payments processed at least 7 months in advance of the program start date.
Each module can also be taken as a standalone Training Module:
– Foundation of Fashion (62 hours)
– Fashion Marketing (104 hours)
– Visual Merchandising (48 hours)
– Computer Graphics (40 hours)
What is included in the fee:
- Microsoft Office Pack
- Access to IFA’s Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Course Material
What is not included in the fees:
- Expenses related to module specific materials (ex: purchase of fabrics, future boards…etc)
- Printing and photocopying costs
Material Requirements (Online)
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- A good internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers)
- Microphone & Headphones (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
- Adobe Creative Cloud