This course is aimed at people who want to know more about Fashion Design or wish to possibly pursue studies in this field. Fashion design is presented through a mix of theoretical and practical short modules that will give participants a clear overview of the industry, the positions and the skills required to succeed. Modules will be complemented by visits of companies, museums and presentations to allow participants to “feel” what fashion is about.
- Understand the structure of the fashion and textile industry from an international perspective as well as the strong link between fashion and culture
- Discover what it takes to be a fashion designer: The creative process
- Realize the importance of pattern making and sewing in fashion: The technical process
- Understand the power of communication behind the product: The fashion image
- Creation of a mini portfolio (that can be used for program admission): Mood board / Silhouette / Mini-Collection
- Creation of a basic pattern of a skirt
- Customization of garment
Fashion Industry Panorama - 9H
Fashion Culture - 12H
Collection Process - 18H
Technical Process - 12H
The Fashion Image - 9H
Want more information about this summer course by email? Click here → Send me more infos!